Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Delivery!

School is going well still. I am getting into the groove of teaching and I can even remember all the students' names! I'm even finding comfort in the "normal" things....hearing my little trumpet player as I walk to school, exercising with G in the mornings, lunches with the other teachers, hugs from sweet Linda, taking off my shoes at night and putting on my "house shoes", my daily hello to the sweet lady who runs the store beneath the school....it's these little things that have become the norm that help me feel more at home here. I may not speak the language, but I'm feeling a lot more comfortable!!!

Learned something new tonight: if you spend over 20,000 won at the supermarket (about $18 US), they will deliver it to your house for you! How awesome is that?! No more schlepping tons of water and green tea back home! I bought 4 6packs of 2L bottles of water tonight and it's being brought to my door tomorrow morning. I think I like this a lot :) Now if only E-mart would deliver fans.....

Please keep in prayer:
- safety as G, Brian and I travel this weekend to the western coast of Korea for some much needed away time
- that God will provide more fellowship opportunities
- my health...as many of you know, the past year hasn't been the best for me in the health department...I've been seriously ill almost 10 times, but I have been completely healthy since being here. Please pray that God will continue to protect my health.
- that God will continue to draw me closer to Him and that my desire for time with Him will increase

Thanks so much, guys :) All the emails and letters are so encouraging!!!

2 comments:

  1. 20,000 won!!! You're like a Korean Millionaire or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My salary each month makes me a millionaire here...I'm thinking about adding it to my signature: Ansley E. Kniskern, Millionaire. What do you think? Sounds good, right???

    ReplyDelete