Saturday, August 22, 2009

Camp-tastic

I just got back from an overnight English church retreat and I'm still recovering! It was fun but exhausting...so many little kids speaking so much Korean...wow. We slept on the floor on mats (remember those blue mats from PE) and I was surrounded by legs, arms, and heads all night long. THANK THE LORD I brought my earplugs....I could still hear chattering through the "snore proof" plugs, but at least I got SOME sleep :)

Some of my kids from the school were there, and it was cool to hang out with them apart from the classroom. We were also in a GORGEOUS mountain area, so it was very cool (but buggy!).


This is a picture of our dinner Friday night....it was the coolest picnic ever! There are tons of these raised platforms everywhere here. There is even on in the park near my apt. People grill out and have lunch or take naps all the time on these things.
Anyway, we had Korean BBQ and it was really good...you dip the pork in the red sauce (sam jang?) and wrap it in lettuce with kimchi. Delish! The kids were everywhere and we had so much food...we even had an after dinner snack of hot dogs (spitted on chopsticks, naturally), roasted purple sweet potates, and this really starchy corn that, I swear, athletes should use for energy...the kids ran around like banshee children after that snack!

We went on a mountain walk (to exercise) early Saturday morning...best part of the day :) Sweet Julie (who is TINY) was lagging behind, so I gave her a piggy-back ride to help her out.

More pictures are on Facebook, for those who are members. If you aren't a member of Facebook, get with the times and do it already. Everybody else is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment