Thursday, July 30, 2009

This would only happen to me...

Why am I already posting a journey story? What just happened really would only happen to me.

I'm having a tearful goodbye with Mom, who is watching me go through the check. I'm thinking nothing of it, because I've actually just packed my carryons and I know there's nothing in there that could be flagged. Think again, Ansley.

The TSA people stop my backpack in the scanner. They call loudly for a supervisor. Three uniformed people come over and are scrutinizing the screen...I'm thinking, "crap, I've left a water bottle in there...oh well..."

A nice, portly lady takes me over and informs me that I need to watch as she unloads my bag and I can't touch anything. Ok.....

She starts going through my hikers backpack...multiple pockets, tons of stuff, baggies of clothes, panties, iPod stuff, books, etc....she's not giving up....

All of a sudden, she says "I must be blind, girl!" and pulls out my pocketknife (which is open, blade out, by the way) from the side pocket. HOLY HANNAH!!! I thought they were going to arrest me on the spot, not let me get on the plane...all the while I'm saying, oh my gosh, how did that get in there?!

I had been looking for that knife, to pack it in my checked luggage, all night...figured I'd lost it or one of the boys had taken it. Nope...I'm trying to TAKE IT ON A PLANE!! The very kind TSA people took it to my mom (who is watching this whole thing from afar with a confused look on her face) and they will mail it to me.

But seriously....who else would that happen to?

1 comment: