Friday, July 24, 2009

Whew!

This whole thing with the passport has taught be the benefits of being totally prepared and not just taking someone's word for it. I should have driven my passport to New Orleans for a couple days, stayed with my cousin and enjoyed time with her, and not worried about all this mess. I did get the passport in, but now I've been having visa drama.

THANKFULLY, the girl in Atlanta is so sweet and letting me come in on Monday to have my interview and turn in all my documents. I have no idea if I'll need to spend Monday night there, but I'll gladly do so and even pay for a hotel room if it means I get to leave on the 30th! This is really exciting and I plan on being totally prepared by Wednesday night...I'll even get to hang out with Peter, who is just back from Iraq.

As much as this delay has frustrated me (I should be in Korea by now!), I have enjoyed the extra time with family and friends. This morning, I woke my mother up by giving her coffee in bed and laying with her awhile, playing with the dog and talking. Very relaxed and simple. Then I got to meet JD at the 3 lakes park to hang out in the sun and talk. I get to have dinner with R and P tonight. I get to hang out with Me-maw more. These are the times that I'm grateful that I'm still here. I'm going to miss everyone so much, and leaving is showing me how much I cherish each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment