1) I'm going to focus on being more presentable when leaving the house. For those who know me well, I'm a t-shirt and yoga pants type of girl. Or, during the summer, t-shirt and gym shorts. I know, I know....I'm 29, but in all fairness, I've spent the last year in classes and babysitting. So, I usually come home at the end of the day with at least one child's snot or tears or something on my clothes. Plus it was crazy hot this summer and I didn't feel like getting all gussied up to go to class only to be soaked in sweat (great mental picture, eh?) by the time I got there. But, I digress. I started TODAY. I've been ill for several days now but pulled it together to meet a friend for pho. And, I put on real clothes and real shoes, people. The who shebang. I even wore a necklace. So, I've started, literally, with style.
2) I'm going to focus on being more active. No, I'm not resolving to lose 100 lbs. or run a marathon. Because that's just not going to happen. No matter what. Not. Happening. So, my more realistic resolution is to start by doing 3 hours of focused exercise a week. That might be dancing to Ke$ha with Paige and Kiley. That might be taking a walk with Miss Margaret. That might be me actually getting to the gym (insert *gasp* here) and doing some hardcore stuff, like the elliptical or something. Whatever form it takes, I will try and get in that 3 hours/week of exercise.
3) I'm going to make more time for friends. Let's face it, I'm a homebody. I love nothing more than to put on my moose pants and a sweatshirt and read or watch a movie. But, it's bad when I'm 29 and notorious for NEVER GOING OUT with my friends. I think I went out once this whole year. That's ridiculous. So, here's to more GNOs and chiminea nights.
4) I will get a big girl haircut. Hmmm...not sure how this one is going to pan out, but I need to look more professional and less......like a bum. Regular haircuts (regular being more than once a year), a style, etc...this is something that should have happened a long time ago, I realize that, but what better time than now, as I approach my 30's with zest and enthusiasm? I will NOT tell the stylist to "just take a little off the ends" or "make sure I can still get it in a ponytail". Oh no...this girl will have a big girl haircut.
5) I will be more organized. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA......by this I mean that I will have my sister-in-love come over regularly to make me organize my stuff. But, it's a good thought ;)
I definitely have more I want to work on, but I feel that these are obtainable and realistic goals. And, here I am, putting it out on the internets, so if any of you see me in Target wearing a ponytail, yoga pants, old t-shirt and flipflops, please direct me back to this post.