Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ranch dressing recipe, as requested

So, in case you haven't been on Facebook, you don't know the story about the ranch dressing. I found this recipe on Pinterest (the credit for the recipe is given at the end of this post) and thought, Hey, why eat preservative-laden dressing when I can make this pretty easily? So, I print off the recipe and go for it. BUT....my family tends to eat a lot and I'm really just accustomed to doubling recipes, so I automatically doubled it. Anyway, after mixing it up, I found an old glass milk jar and figured it would have plenty of room for the amount I made (it didn't look like too much in the mixing bowl). Well, it filled that liter jar right up to the tippy top! So, we now have a liter of fresh ranch dressing (well, less than that after tonight's dinner, haha!).

Note: I like to add ingredients to easy, tweakable recipes like this...you can add fresh chopped dill, chipotles in adobo sauce, bacon bits, etc to make different flavored ranch dressings.

Easy Ranch Dressing
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • ¾ cup sour cream
  • ¾ cup buttermilk
  • 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp chopped parsley
  • 2 tsp chopped chives
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • ½ chopped scallion
  • 1 tsp mustard
Whisk ingredients together and chill for 30 minutes before serving.

See? Easy! Note that it doesn't taste right if you serve right away....the flavors need to meld for that 30 minutes....if you're adding in stuff, that will probably need to sit for a bit in the fridge as well. Enjoy!!

(recipe taken from http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/saladdressings/r/Ranch-Dressing.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment