Thursday, August 25, 2011

Housekeeping

This is not my strong suit. I mean, I can keep a house clean but keeping organized on all the little things? Yeah, I kinda suck at it. For example, I have needed to buy simple school supplies for a week or so now and I have yet to do it. I have several lists...here are two I just found in my purse and bookbag, respectively:
List #1
- buy: glue stick, scissors, tape, highlighters
- beta read friend's book
- update blog
- clean bathroom
- wash sheets
- return library books, pay fine

List # 2
- buy school supplies
- finish reading Chapter 3 for Lee Meadows
- sheets
- insurance
- beta beta beta

I mean, wouldn't it be easier to have just one comprehensive list instead of several that get lost? Herein lies my dysfunction: ADD. I suck at this stuff. I thrive when organized but find it very difficult to maintain a lifestyle that keeps a routine. I don't really know how I've gotten this far in life with this much dysfunction but I seem to make it work. I've made it through quite a bit of school and good jobs but I'm starting to feel stuck.

One can only hope that I'll get better as I get older, but there's no guarantee. I kinda feel sorry for my future kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment