Monday, June 22, 2009

A little overwhelming, it is...

As some of you may know, I have ADD. I am HORRIBLE when it comes to getting things done on time and I tend to procrastinate. Well, I can't really procrastinate on this little project. Today is one of those "get things done"days, and I am...overwhelmed.

- mow parents lawn
- deposit money at bank
- mail off transcript request form to Montevallo
- head to Columbiana to get fingerprinted
- send off form for FBI criminal background check
- pack for the beach (leaving tomorrow, back on Sunday)
- go to Sears and return Land's End bathing suits I'm not keeping (Galleria)
- go to Gap to get bathing suit bottoms that will stay up while playing with 5 kids at the beach (Summit)
- continue moving things out of my house and over to my parents house
- go to dr's office to get kit to find out if I have a parasite in my gut (Hoover/Bessemer)
- stop by WineStyles for computer
- go by CVS and get visa pics taken
- get script for meds from aforementioned Dr.

I'm just trying to figure out how to do all this before tomorrow! Yikes! I need a double dose of Adderall today! The only thing that's keeping me going is knowing that I will go to bed tonight thinking "man, I did it" and then heading to the beach tomorrow (with 5 kids, but it'll still be a sorta vacay).

I'm also trying to get a garage sale together...what can I get rid of? I'm trying to use this experience as a way to purge my life of those things that are truly unnecessary. Do I really need 100 DVD's? 4 different kinds of shampoo? 3 brushes? I'm calling this The Great Purge and I'm hoping to get rid of a bunch of stuff. This is to be a refining experience and I'm hoping God uses it to show me how little I really need to follow him.

Prayer requests:
- clarity of mind and focus today
- patience in the coming week with all the kids
- wisdom in dealing with finances

No comments:

Post a Comment