Thursday, June 18, 2009

Getting started

Let's just go ahead and state the obvious: I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm moving to South Korea for a year to teach English as a second language (ESL). I will (finally) be using my graduate degree and hopefully having the experience of a lifetime. I'm absolutely terrified but completely excited about this "foray into the unknown". I'm truly hoping that this helps shape me into a more mature person in many ways, and I'm looking forward to seeing how God will use this as a refining experience in my life.

That said, I'm trying to figure out how the heck to move to another country! What do I pack? What do I sell? What do I leave in storage at my oh-so-gracious parent's house? How do I do this?! Will I even be able to buy shoes there (I am a size 10, which I don't think even exists in Korea)? Will I be able to cook? Will I suck as a teacher? Will I make friends? All these things are running full speed through my head and all I can come back to is "God is in control, He will never leave me or forsake me". But, any and all suggestion from those who have done this are welcome and appreciated :)

Hopefully, this blog will allow my loved one (and there are so many of you, dear friends) to come with me on my journey. I hope I am able to be faithful to update!!!

2 comments:

  1. I admire your courage Ansley and I'm confident that God is working on your heart. My prayer for you is that He will give you some peace about the anxiety that this trip brings. I have adored getting to you know you and you have a very special place in my heart. I'm so glad you started this blog so that we can all track your journey. I love you girl!! Keep the faith! :)
    ~Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my BFF...I'm going to miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete