Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beachy

I'm here in beautiful SanDestin, FL with my family o' the moment, the Bullocks. Michele is one of my dear friends who just happens to have 5 kids who just happen to be a ton of fun. So, I'm at the beach with them again (I came with them last year too) and it's been a blast.

Manny (3) finally got over his fear of the water and is now almost terrifying, because he's so gungho about being underwater...he loves it and he requires constant supervision. He's having such a fun time though, so it's great to watch. Ella (2)is still sticking to the shallow end but is adorable in her little bikinis with her round, Guatemalan tummy sticking out....LOVE it! The big girls Mary (11), Laura (9), and Sarah (7) have been a hoot to hang out with. M and I squared off with Gin and War (I won one, we tied the other) and S is my fearless beach babe. L is my right hand girl...my helper and friend, making me laugh all the time.

While I'm here though...my thoughts are of home. I got an email from Colt (my liason at the school in SK) and they want me IN SK by July 22....yikes! That's early! I was anticipating the 27th or so...I don't mind it being earlier, but I'm just worried about my gig with the aforementioned Michele. She's going to Ireland for missions and her husband works, which leaves me with the kids for awhile. She gets back the 21...I dont know that I can do this...MAYBE the 23rd or 24th. And that's even saying that my papers are all in...I'm starting to get a little freaked out. I have to have everything moved out my house and into my mom's house by Tuesday...how am I going to do this? I can do most of it alone (yikes) but I really need one, if not two, really strong guys to help me move stuff....pray for me please!!!!

It also marks the end of a chapter of living with my dear roomie/flatmate, Caroline. I've lived with her almost a year and we've had our ups and downs, but the ups are what I will always remember. Pillow talks, Pride and Prejudice several time, sharing books, dinners with Dad, her texting me when Lean Cuisines are on sale at Target....beers on the porch on warm Saturday mornings....good times! I love my C and I will miss her when I leave....may she and Chris find every happiness together in that home....

Ok, so prayer prequests:
- that nobody will drown
- no sunburn
- grace and mercy for me on the kids
- safe travel back to bham
- me letting go of my to-do list while I'm here, because I can't do anything about it!
- all my papers coming in ASAP!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment