Monday, November 16, 2009

Miss Independent

I think I have finally arrived into that strange world where you are an adult and can't call your dad to fix things at your place. I've never been much of a handy-woman, although my dad DID teach me how to paint a room like a pro, I can mow the lawn better than my brothers, I can check my oil, I can trim hedges, I can pressure wash, etc...all fairly simple things, but things my dad passed on. Things he didn't pass on: computer fix-it knowledge, plumbing knowledge, etc. So, when the chain to the toilet plug thingy broke yesterday and I'm a gazillion miles from my dad, what do you do???

You figure it out. I took a picture of said toilet plug thingy because I don't even know the word for it in ENGLISH much less Korean. I walked past a hardware-y kind of store and showed the man the picture. He gives me a replacement part for 1,000 won (like, 75 cents) and I'm on my way. I texted my boss to let him know of the problem, because I'm thinking there's no way I'm going to be able to put this thing together.

BUT I DID IT!!! I know this may seem like a trivial accomplishment to many of you, but I'm not a gadget girl...I don't do these things well. But, one new toilet plug thingy and 5 minutes later, I have a working toilet.

I am an independent woman.

Now, if someone will just come fix my computer for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment